Children who are molested, sexually abused, or used for the physical and emotional gratification of adults may become adults who are emotionally wounded, fearful, anxious, co-dependent, insecure or may overcompensate for those things by narcissism, bullying, rebelliousness, or physical, sexual, or other abuse of others.
But God can……
– heal wounded emotions
– illumine thoughts with clarity
– reveal truth
– give courage to face reality
– motivate and empower forgiveness
– transform families
– change communities
– balance justice and mercy with lovingkindness
– renew sacredness
– restore innocence
– provide all that is needed to make a victim a joyful victor, and
– make a perpetrator a humble penitent.
“Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him, and he will act on your behalf.” Psalm 37:5
Lord, hear our prayer. Amen.